• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Avic or A. Metallica and their size and general care questions

Rotten Apricots

3 Year Member
So I recently purchased a pink toe from a pet store (Cheap and I couldnt help myself I really love pink toes) I'm having trouble identifying it as A. Avic and A. Metallica. I know that the color of their setae marks the difference and if its red its a. avic and if its silver its a. Metallica but I cant tell. At a glance the setaes look white and then when I shine an led light they shine red.

Also at what size do they become mature and how big do they grow for both species? and at what size once they mature are they ready for breeding (Not breeding yet just a curiosity) Shop keeper said the one I purchased was an adult female.

I have her in a 1 gallon tub with cross ventilation, cork bark for climbing and webbing and coco coir at the bottom. I spray her web down once a week to make sure she doesnt dry out and I feed her once a week when her adbomen starts getting small (Average room humidity is below average as I live in a basement) Is there anything else I should be doing?